i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
You say the studies that show they are harmful are bogus, but what other studies are there? The FDA and Monsanto haven't done any studies testing the safety of these foods and all of the independent studies show the same results. We are human beings not lab rats, and we don't need to play god with our food.

Also what purpose do GMO's have other than pesticide or herbicide resistance. GMO's have nothing to offer to the consumer that can't be achieved through organic farming. Why take the risk for no gain.
http://www.geneticliteracyproject.or...olia-20131.pdf

Umm you can check with the World Health Organization, the National Academy of Sciences, American Association for the Advancement of Science. The scientific consensus is that GMOs are safe to eat, but there are still no long term studies since GMOs as food is still a relatively recent phenomenon.

GMOs are very useful as research tools. Something as simple as GFP has greatly enhanced our understanding of biology. We've learned a lot and can still learn more by manipulating genetics. Should we use this technology for our food? That's when it gets more complicated.

I totally agree that we shouldn't be lab rats, and it's hard to opt out with our current food policy. But that's why I try to buy organic when I can, vote for food labels, and boycott corn and soybeans. Just be mindful of the facts first.
Appreciate 0