View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
TransferCaseActuator
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83

How to recalibrate transfer case after fluid change?

While the transfer case fluid change helped a lot with shuddering rear wheels at slow, sharp turns, the issue did not go away completely for my 2008 X3.

So I am shopping around for Diagnostic Tool that would allow me to re-calibrate transfer case after the fluid change in hopes that it would eliminate remaining shuddering all along.

I checked multiple BMW tools on Amazon.com.

For some tools the seller in "Community questions" section explicitly states that it won't be able to re-calibrate E83 transfer case after fluid change. Like this one - "DIAGKING BMW INPA K+DCAN with FT232RL NCS Coding Winkfp Tool32 Programing" - https://www.amazon.com/DIAGKING-FT23...king+bmw&psc=1

So I checked the more expensive tool from the same seller, like "DIAGKING 001 INPA K+DCAN Diagnostic Cable Work with ISTA SSS NCS Coding Winkfp Programing E serials(with Switch) Support E39 E46 Compatible for BMW" and just asked seller privately if it would allow to reset transfer case. Seller replied that he is not sure.

So my #1 question is: For what specific thing in tool description I have to look at to know whether it will allow me to reset transfer case?

My #2 question is, since I have non-BMW cars too in household, then I may be ok to buy more expensive Autel tool. But then again which Autels allows to re-calibrate transfer case?
Appreciate 0