View Single Post
      05-12-2022, 02:11 PM   #5
getsituated91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
I had a W204 C63, and even I say no. For one thing extra mileage is extra mileage, even with the P31 pack, it is no longer a collector with that kinda mileage.

The late cars don't have the headbolt issue so you are good there.

Not sure how concerned you are with tire wear/fuel economy, I cannot get below 14L/100km mixed city/highway driving and that's with my wife driving
It eats tires, I got maybe 6000 miles on the rear tires, and I have adjustable rear camber arms to get maximum tire life, narrow tires and lots of torque is not helpful.

While it is a great cruiser with lots of character and that amazing exhaust note that gets all sorts of attention. It is also far easier to handle in the snow than it sounds (my wife drove it for 2 and a half years through summer, winter). Mercs just don't have the level of driving engagement as a BMW.

The best way to describe my experience of the W204 is that it is a sledgehammer. BMW is more like a scalpel, both will kill you, just differently.
Having now driven it + the f82, the driving engagement definirely is…different. You’re 100% accurate on the scalpel and hammer comparison. Microadjustments on the f82 are easy and the c63 is well.. brutal but in a good way.

Unfortunately, my F82 isn’t really a collectors item at 70k miles either haha. I’m pretty prepared for the fuel and tires (it comes with 275s and honestly the wider the better), the biggest concern for me at that point is even with all the preventative maintenance done, what else breaks at 100k? I put on about 8k miles a year daily driving these cars.

Last edited by getsituated91; 05-12-2022 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0