View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #7
TransferCaseActuator
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaeastKTM View Post
Oh sorry forgot to answer your question if I had codes, no I had no codes but just bought this car second hand they could have removed pins from the Speedo or pulled bulbs so won’t know if there are stored codes until I hook up an OBD.
So I read specifically that some folks had t-case issue after routine maintenance and used ravenol instead of the Power Devider TF0870. I went with the dealer fluid which wasn’t Power Devider either they superseded with a new fluid but it’s supposed to be exact same. So I went with the dealer fluid just to be on the safe side for the correct clutch additives and what not.
I changed the transfer case fluid yesterday night. The good news is that issue has almost disappeared when I turn steering wheel ~90 degrees. However, when I turn 180 degrees or more, then there is still a little bit shuddering coming from rear.

So my followup questions are:
1. Did you have to put some miles on the car for the issue to go away completely?
2. Did you have to reset something in computer to let it know that there is new fluid inside now?
Appreciate 0