09-17-2020, 03:05 PM   #22
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo535 View Post
Rang the dealer this morning. Apparently the issue is with the prop shaft. So they are having to drop it off the car re lube it and put it back on this fix works in most cases but won't know till the car is retested after repair.

It's apparently been an issue with M3 and M4 cars but mines only the 4th X3MC in the UK with this issue.

To say I'm not impressed is an understatement and to be honest if the fix work I don't want the car back.

This sort of issue on an M car after 1400 miles has finished me with this car.

Thanks for reading and all the replies.
That's a shame Steven, it does help to have a good dealer though.

Although I have to say this is the first BMW regardless of M or not I've had that hasn't been a German made one and although we don't want to ascribe cultural stereotypes I do feel it's a bit like a BL car built at Longbridge as I've had many niggles and certain parts of the build quality are well below par with this car, ones that haven't been present on the others.

The good news is if you're not happy and want to jump the pricing is very strong at the moment on them so shouldn't be too painful, I have thought about jumping out myself however the engine is for me wonderful as is the handling so I'll keep it a bit longer.