07-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #26
GianniB
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
Oh another Romand !

In Geneva most cops drive Harley, this is why they are kind with lound exhaust on Harley. Probably it is the same in Neuchatel. if you live there, you probably ordered your at Facchinetti? I know they will get an X3M Donington for Vich (La Côte).
For the sound it looks like your G01 X3 M40i is quiter than the F26 X4 M40i. Mine pops and burbbles almost all time and I can clearly hear it from inside the car. In the X4Mc, it wasn't the case, I could not hear pops & burbbles from inside. At the end of my test drive, came another client with the X3Mc from his test drive. He parked next to me. The BMW Genius girl from Dielsdorf who was with him, while parked put her feet several time on the gas pedal. So we could enjoy the sound from outside. Again no pops & burbbles (as heard in the video I posted). Either the car was too new +/- 300km, or it depends from one car to another one... that would be really
Exactly, I got mine from Facchinetti, you too?

This is really annoying to me. The bmw M models has to be special. It includes handling, motor, brakes, and SOUND! I already found my M4 quiet, I was ok with the M40i since it's not a real M car, but a 120'000.- BMW X4MC has to be loud, no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linusj View Post
My dealer have a X3 M40i delivered before july 2018 (when the new EU regulations came). And they have the brand new X3M. The M40i is MUCH louder than the X3M unfortunately...

I'm thinking to get a Akrapovič for my X3M if they will release an exhaust.
Well I will consider it too. I don't get why they bother selling special exhaust with the Competition model if the sound is crappy anyway. Thanks EU once again...
Appreciate 0