View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 10:09 AM   #114
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Interestingly enough, I'd say that my experience is inverse. I would consider myself to have been much more a "car enthusiast" in the first five or so years of driving than as I sit right now. I'd say the longest I held on to a car was about six months, and this allowed me to experience quite the spectrum of vehicles in the <$20k market AND people. If I wanted a car, I'd find someone else with a title and we'd trade or I'd sell it. I'd tinker with it, get involved in its respective community, and then repeat the process. I've got so many stories, trips, experiences, friendships out of this and had an absolute blast. Granted, this was before the state of Georgia had sales tax on private sales, so it cost me effectively nothing. If it did cost me something, the math generally came out to be fun > expense.

Now, I'm holding on to cars for years. I still love cars with it being very high on my "List of Importance." It's just not at the top anymore. So, now I'm a "lesser" enthusiast, but I'm holding on to the cars. Maybe I've become lazy. Maybe it just doesn't matter as much. Maybe I'll rebound my love. I still have a list of cars I lust for, but I think the next one I get is going to be a perpetual project. I think I'd rather add to the collection than replace.
Appreciate 2
Soterios575.00
Firaxis265.50