View Single Post
      06-04-2023, 01:51 PM   #100
Mirage_77
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M Comp

Might have an issue.

I am now going to resurrect this thread. I have a 2023 X3MC. Purchased April 21st, 2023.

I had this happen to me yesterday. Luckily, it was parked outside and not in my garage where it would have been damaged. The tailgate opened within 15 minutes or so prior to me walking outside to the vehicle. I know this because I could see it out my kitchen window before I left and the hatch was not opened. Things to note:
  • I had the kick to open/close selected on my profile.
  • The key fob was set to unlock all doors when pressed.
  • It had been raining.
  • Unknown if it is coincidental, but I just got my X3MC serviced the day prior for its 1200 brake in maintenance.
After reading up on this I immediately turned off the kick to open/closed feature and set the key fob tailgate button to only lock when pressed. Just in case the issue happened because the sensor was wet from the rain and/or the tailgate button was pressed in my pocket somehow. I will be pissed if this happens again and damage occurs. I will not tolerate the dealership telling me they cannot replicate the problem and refuse repairs. I am specifically posting this on this thread as documentation that it happened.

My other concern is that this is my third BMW. (I have had a 2020 330i and a 2022 M340i.) All of them have had programing problems with features being not selected and still working. For example, sometimes the mirrors will fold in when I specifically have the option not selected. When it happens and I check the settings, it shows as selected. This just happened when the tailgate issued occurred on my X3MC. I will be very upset if the tailgate features I disabled, re-able themselves magically like with the mirrors and cause this issue to happen again!

Rant over with... for now.
Appreciate 0