View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #60
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Well, I finally pulled the trigger. Brought home a base X3M on Saturday.

X3M
Donington Grey
Black extended leather
M Sport seats (after another test drive figured I could live with the slightly tighter bottom bolsters, though I am going to try to soften the upper seam that does hit my thighs)
Seat Ventilation
Carbon Fiber trim
21" wheels (got Michelins too!)
Executive Package
Drivers' Assistance Plus
Mobility Kit

On my drive home from the dealership I noticed a more supple ride than I did on my prior test drives while also feeling like the car was more agile (i.e. better turn in). I really think the Michelin P4S tires are the reason. My dealership had 1 X3M on the their lot that had the Michelins and I asked for them to be swapped over to my car (which I had test driven twice with the ContiSport 6's) as part of the deal. They seem to grip better in the colder temps too. Bottom line, I am very glad I pressed for the tires to be swapped.

I've already ordered the black Comp kidney and side grilles. While I would have liked to have gone for a comp, I still think the suspension on the base is better sorted. I will miss the better sounding exhaust on the Comp and the slight boost in HP, but that is really the only thing that I'll probably regret in the future. The power is easily solved (and then some) with Bootmod down the road.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00