View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 06:11 PM   #17
s0211
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 M3 comp

In my area, any car that has access to the trunk from the back seats will very likely be broken in to, even when you don't leave anything in plain sight. Doesn't matter what make or how new or old your car is.
Some tips from someone who only recently moved out of one of the most dangerous cities in the States.

- Place any backpacks/valuables in your trunk BEFORE getting to your destination. Do not take anything out from the trunk at your destination, if you know you need something from the trunk, get it before you start driving.
- Contradictory but, do not leave your car TOO clean, they will assume there are things in the trunk, but also do not leave anything valuable in plain sight. I usually have a t-shirt laying in the back seat for this very reason
- Most SUVs have that cover piece to block valuables from being seen in the trunk, do not use it. The more you try to "hide" the more likely they will try to break in
- From friend's experiences and police records from my brother, tints neither prevent or enforce break ins

My friend had a milk tea stamp card stolen from his car in broad daylight on a busy street . Thieves have zero regard for people's belongings, doesn't matter what car it is.
But if you want BMW statistics,
My m3, no / my brother's 335i, no / cousin's x3 m40i, no / cousin's 328i, no / multiple friend's m3s, no / friend's x5m, no / friend's i8 and m235i, no
Be smart and stay safe out there people!

Last edited by s0211; 07-09-2019 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
natahoa252.00