05-05-2020, 12:22 PM   #44
evilchargerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 (N55), 2014 I01 (REX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90705 View Post
A few spots that got in the way, wasn't much. I used a multi tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolX3 View Post
I did the same, there is a few plastic bumps and protrusions that help secure the OEM intercooler. 2 minutes with a Dremel tool and you're good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranzX3M View Post
Well I got mine installed but what a shit show. The claimed 1.5 hrs to install is a joke as this is not a bolt up as it requires a lot of finessing, test fitting and customization. Instructions provide = zero. I did have to trim about 2" of the black plastic that is attached to the bumper, trimmed it to where the ribs start. Maybe could have left 1/4".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjosco View Post
the bracket is total BS. I too had to mod mine and ended up running a course thread screw up through the IC lower mounting holes, through the crappy aluminum provided bracket(which don't match the mounting hole pattern) and up into the upper plastic OEM mount. It's not going anywhere now! If you are working on your back you will definitely need to use a floor jack to raise up the new IC, it is heavy trying to hold it up with your hand. I thought "no way this will fit" when I had it sitting side by side with my stocker, but it barely does. I didn't have to cut any plastic on that front air dam. I just pulled the air dam underneath the IC and it will sandwich under the bottom car plastic cover.
E90705
TheCoolX3
FranzX3M
mjosco

can you guys give me some insight as to what needs to be trimmed? (pics if possible please)

also, some advice about the provided hardware? as we all know... NO instructions... what am I supposed to do with the washers? top of bracket or , use it to sandwich the rubber grommet?

after reading all of your posts, I will have to slot / modify my brackets.... because like you all, I went through a shit show of trying to get it all to line up
Appreciate 0