sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Hi all, newbie here.

I ordered my X3 on November 22nd, expected del. 28th Feb 2011. In Jan I was told it was now June! After some discussions it went to May 16th. Is this normal or is someone taking me for a ride?

Also, when I ordered it I wanted a Sports Steering Wheel but was told I can olny order it with the Sports pack, so I didn't. Since reading this forum I've found it can be ordered now but when I rang the dealer to get it added, they told me it was too late as the spec couldn't be changed! How long does it take to build these cars?

I see its an option on the list shown above but I'm always weary of having the dealer refit a steering wheel as invariably it points at 11 o'clock!

I get the feeling the dealer wants me to cancel the order so they can have the car!

When I can I'll right a new post asking for delivery times from fellow members but until then any stories would be welcome.
This is absolute nonsense. You can change your spec until about a week before it goes into production. I know this because I changed mine quite a few times, including a change to add Dynamic Package + 309 alloys rather than just 309s (getting the sports steering wheel, as you are trying to do).

The final change was made two weeks before it went into production, and a week before production started, I tried to add something else and was told I couldn't because it had entered pre-production (or something like that). I think it's when it gets assigned a VIN.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0