View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
JeffreyFortuna
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
Input last 7 of car's VIN at RealOEM.com; that should show OEM configuration of you car's cooling system and relevant part numbers of components.
Wgosma, thanks so much for the tip about that site! RealOEM is amazing and I was able to track and learn that my fourth fitting is a hose that connects back to the metal pipe that looks like it moves coolant to or from the back of the block up to the water pump. Also tapping into that pipe is a smaller hose that does go down to the turbo.
On the Diagrams the specific hose in question is ghosted out and not listed as a part number. The part number for the metal pipe has a new number and mentions the new super-seeds the old.
I believe this line was there as part of the sports package, it might have added a bit of extra cooling and been part of the high speed synchronisation??

I'll continue to search but if this is correct it makes me feel better, I live in San Diego so our temps are almost always mild and if I plug off this hose a lose a little extra cooling I'm not going to stress.
Appreciate 0