02-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #9
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I've always had this thing with watches but not to the extreme of some of you all. I've always had quartz watches and only recently decided to get into mechanical/automatics. Did a lot of reading to get an understanding of the movements used in these watches.

Anyways, I don't see much discussion about Bulova watches. I liked the chrono offerings from Raymond Weil and IWC but didn't want to spend the coin for one. Sort of amazing the price range considered to be "affordable" with many of you guys on here. So after much searching, I found watches from Bulova which appeals to my sense of style and are "affordable" to me.

I bought the one on the right first a few weeks ago. It's a Bulova 97A121 with a 21 jewel Japanese movement (Miyota maybe?). I ran across pictures of the one on the left and got sucked in to finding one. It's a Bulova Accutron Gemini 63C107 chrono. Doing some research it has a ETA 7750 Swiss movement (same as the TAG Heuer Calibre 16). The watch is also Swiss made with Saphire crystal. I just got it this week. So far loving both watches.
Is the accutron now automatic. have an old gold one that is tuning fork. very cool old watch.
Appreciate 0