View Single Post
      01-23-2022, 03:55 PM   #233
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBMWguy85 View Post
So the assumption is that the suspension has been updated? Hard to follow with so many follow ups.

Also - any idea if the sport seat dimensions have been updated in any way? You’ll find me on the forums trolling for a$$ pain solutions because of the side bolsters on the seat base.

Either way - awesome post and amazing car.
The suspension question is difficult to answer because none of us, to my knowledge, have any concrete evidence of actual software or hardware revisions. Others can comment and share links if I'm wrong. What many of us who have driven (and owned) both seem to sense, though, is a more 'refined' ride when compared directly with our pre-LCI versions (even those that had the ISTA-P update which supposedly addressed those concerns). This doesn't provide you with a yes/no answer, but my assumption is that it was tweaked, but I don't have proof.

Regarding the sport seat dimensions - I think they're the same, as my wife and I haven't noticed any difference. There was a post in a thread somewhere IIRC that mentioned BMW may have changed Mnfrs who supply something to do with the seats, but I can't find it in searches and don't think it had anything to do with dimensions.

Regarding your seat base/bolster comfort - if you really like the F97/98 and hate to get rid of it just because of that, it might be worth consulting an Automotive Upholstery shop to see if they can assist rather than trying to buy an off-the-shelf product. I visited one for help in sewing some leather pillows I made for relatives with low back issues and was impressed with their knowledge and abilities. Suspect they have access to all grades and thickness of padding with which they could make a custom premium leather seat base cushion for you.
Appreciate 0