View Single Post
      05-18-2019, 08:49 PM   #6
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Problem is a dealership is three different businesses and they don’t seem to communicate well or want to get along with each other. So even is sales dept is going above and beyond they are at the mercy of the svc dept to do the job right.

For example, picked up my new X3 about a month ago. Got my windows tinted and then noticed a pretty deep scratch on the drivers side window. Called my sales advisor and he said to bring it in for a look see. Sales manager who closed my deal offered to replace it for no cost to me. He couldn’t warranty it, so he had to bill it to sales and have the service dept do the work. This was going above and beyond since he was going to eat the cost of the window from parts and labor from svc.

Pick up the car the next day and a few days later notice the ambient lighting wasn’t working on my drivers side door. Called sales advisor back and he said to bring it back in. Instead of continuing to use him as a middle man adding more work for him I just said I’d work directly with the svc dept since they screwed it up.

So, even though the sales dept went above and beyond to take care of me, the svc dept could care less and didn’t even do the work right. As a matter of fact when I picked it up the first time the door panel wasn’t even secured properly. I had to adjust myself. Not sure how that one got by inspection or even if it was inspected.

And to top it all off, sales dept has no control over the svc dept. Sales sold me the car but the svc dept is key to keeping me as a customer. If they can’t perform quality work I’ll go to another dealer who can and possibly buy my next BMW from them.

Heading back in next week to get the ambient lighting fixed. Hope all goes well.
Appreciate 0