View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #1
JeffreyFortuna
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

Radiator changes from 2011-12 to 13+, 35i

Looking for help here, tried searching but didn't see anything. I have a small leak in the radiator of my 2011 x3 35i. I ordered a replacement from ECS that shipped to me directly from BEHR in Georgia.

Once started into the job I noticed my radiator has one large and one small connection on the driver side and also one large and one small connection on the passenger side. The radiator I received as a replacement lacks the small connection on the bottom of the passenger side.

I called then emailed ECS and they claim the replacement radiator I have is correct but I also need a small rubber plug to cap off that fourth line my car currently has.

I have this small plug on order now but I'd really like to see/find a technical bulletin that tells me the 2011 & 2012 i35 have this extra line that somehow was not used going forward.

The fourth line on my car runs from the very bottom of the radiator back above half way down the block and connects to an aluminum pipe that is around 2" in diameter and runs further back toward the firewall.

All I was able to find was one other reference that when purchasing a radiator for either a 2011 or 2012 you also need that same rubber plug.

I did create this short video that shows my current radiator vs the replacement:

Thanks so much for any ideas or helpful tips
Jeffrey
Appreciate 0