05-14-2021, 10:52 PM   #38
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylodan View Post
Thanks for the affirmation. Part of my lack of success in these situations as that I'm super nice with my tone of voice and never let my internal frustration come out. After all, it's not the person's fault. I do accept it as bad luck. I chatted with BMW NA who will hopefully advocate for me better and reach an amicable solution. I'm exhausted from continually having the ball put in my court by the dealer and me having to find a workable solution. I've said twice, I bring back car, you refund me what I paid. Done. But they keep saying no and that I should let them repair it, or work with the sales team on a new one. But I don't like any of their cars on the lot. Plus their sales guy was really emotional and aggressive when my wife discussed wanting to order one to her exact specifications instead of taking the one on the lot on a new car we purchased 4 days after I bought the CPO. So much so that we needed to leave the building and take a break from the guy... So many missteps along the way.
I hear you. I think it's human nature for us to be nice whereas the dealers look to take advantage of that. I think it was a good idea to discuss with BMW NA and I hope this gets resolved. Wow, to discourage you from placing an order because they rather clear their inventory is enough for me to look elsewhere. I dunno, I always expect better from the dealers but more often than not, I don't get it. The only time I did was when I had a long term relationship with my specific advisor, but when he left - this new guy I deal with hasn't shown me the same level of love. lol

It's just that a car is usually the second or third most expensive thing that most people will buy. We should be happy with what we get since it's going to be around for a while. When I read that yours was a CPO, I feel like that should be considered in how they treat you going forward. Good luck, man!
Appreciate 1
xylodan27.00