xylodan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Jeep Wrangler

Garage List
2016 R1200GS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
I don't think you are being unreasonable. First of all, the whole reason to pay more for a CPO rather than a non-CPO is to avoid any undetected issues. Now, I don't know if these things would have been detected, but nevertheless, I would be a bit miffed and the dealer should be all over you trying to make amends. I have a 2018 M40i and I didn't experience really any of the issues that were purported for it. My 2021 M40i however - it died on me almost on a bridge less than 2 weeks off the lot and had to be flatbed towed back to the dealer one Saturday afternoon. I got my car back relatively quickly but I was very upset (even though I know - things happen) and also they didn't do anything to make me feel better, either. The point I'm trying to make is that it's new (to you) and it's natural to feel this way. You should be having a positive experience and also not have to worry whether or not these things are chronic. Just my thoughts.
Thanks for the affirmation. Part of my lack of success in these situations as that I'm super nice with my tone of voice and never let my internal frustration come out. After all, it's not the person's fault. I do accept it as bad luck. I chatted with BMW NA who will hopefully advocate for me better and reach an amicable solution. I'm exhausted from continually having the ball put in my court by the dealer and me having to find a workable solution. I've said twice, I bring back car, you refund me what I paid. Done. But they keep saying no and that I should let them repair it, or work with the sales team on a new one. But I don't like any of their cars on the lot. Plus their sales guy was really emotional and aggressive when my wife discussed wanting to order one to her exact specifications instead of taking the one on the lot on a new car we purchased 4 days after I bought the CPO. So much so that we needed to leave the building and take a break from the guy... So many missteps along the way.
Appreciate 2
JSY578.00
mathys202.50