05-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #34
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylodan View Post
I just want to return it and get a refund. Am I being unreasonable?
If I'm forced to trade it in and get a new one (I'm not doing a used car ever again), what should be my expectation for a discount off MSRP?
I just really don't want to deal with negotiations and such. Just quite frustrated and exhausted from this.
I don't think you are being unreasonable. First of all, the whole reason to pay more for a CPO rather than a non-CPO is to avoid any undetected issues. Now, I don't know if these things would have been detected, but nevertheless, I would be a bit miffed and the dealer should be all over you trying to make amends. I have a 2018 M40i and I didn't experience really any of the issues that were purported for it. My 2021 M40i however - it died on me almost on a bridge less than 2 weeks off the lot and had to be flatbed towed back to the dealer one Saturday afternoon. I got my car back relatively quickly but I was very upset (even though I know - things happen) and also they didn't do anything to make me feel better, either. The point I'm trying to make is that it's new (to you) and it's natural to feel this way. You should be having a positive experience and also not have to worry whether or not these things are chronic. Just my thoughts.
Appreciate 2