View Single Post
      12-06-2022, 12:15 PM   #1
floydthebarber71
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20d

2018 X3 hood gap or something to adjust?

Hi all

Hope you don’t mind me posting here. But I’m not familiar with these cars and I’m looking to purchase a 2018 X3 30i at a decent price. Normally I’d walk away when I see this, but it simply doesn’t make sense to me.

I’ve attached pictures as I’m not sure how to embed them in the post. I went to see the car at the dealership (not BMW) and the hood has quite a large gap to the front side panel when it’s closed. Indicates an accident, right? But I couldn’t see any indications of damage repair, panels all seemed to match, no over spray etc so who knows.

On the inside under the hood, for WHATEVER reason there is oil pooled up on the rubber stopper. Circled in red. Are those adjustable at all? Why would there be oil there??

What I can’t understand is the pics posted by the dealership, which are also attached (ie every pic that shows no hood gap). The hood looks fine to me. So something happened in the shop, but there’s simply no way they’d repair it before I saw it, and I can’t spot any damage.

I’m asking this question here just in case I am missing something BMW or X3 related that this could be a cause from something simple? Or is this really messed up. The car is in otherwise mint condition, so maybe I am missing something.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum… cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0