View Single Post
      01-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #28
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
They see nothing wrong and have telephoned me to come pick it up. Their best guess is user error due to improper shutdown procedure. They say that the start button needs to be pushed twice at shutdown. Push once to kill the engine, wait a second, then push it again to completely shut everything off, then exit the vehicle. They've offered to have an educational session on proper shutdown with my wife and I at pickup today, which I've accepted.

He says they looked at it with their computer which can show exactly what accessory was on for how long and drew XXX milliamps and they see nothing out of the ordinary that could have caused the battery to die.

I did ask where in the owners manual I could find the correct shutdown procedure and they didn't know. I'll update after my educational session this afternoon.
Pushing the start button twice worked on our F25 models, but it has never worked for the G01 or the F97 lines. If iDrive doesn't shut off when you open the door just push and hold the radio on/vol button for a second or so and everything then shuts off (assuming you have a garage in a safe environs where you feel you don't want to lock it).

Sounds like you have a drain somewhere they just haven't identified?
Appreciate 1