SherM4n
M4 748(a)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M4, '12 TT RS, '02 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonF30 View Post
Mine is a 2013 Hyundai Elantra.
I had an '03 5-speed Elantra for 12-13 years. Bought it after I saw kids playing football (with a real football) in the parking lot at work with my then-9-month-old TT in bounds, and it also worked out that winter was coming up at that point so I could keep the TT out of some of the salt. I grew to really like driving it; it spend more time at WOT than all my other cars combined, and was more fun on the streets since its limits were so much lower and approachable than those of the TT, RS 4, TT RS, or M4. Highway on/offramps and curves that caused those cars to be bored could be quite exciting in the Elantra, and rev-matching and heel-toeing in a car without any drive-by-wire anything was almost refreshing. Unfortunately, my girlfriend's Mini ended up with some engine scoring a couple years ago so she inherited the Elantra, then a deer promptly jumped out in front of her and did a ton of damage to the ~$1200 car. I miss it.

Like has been mentioned, it's nice to have a car that you don't care about cosmetically, etc.
Soul_Glo13346.00