Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i | 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
2022 X3 M40i   [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgenM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by messishine View Post
As had been previously announced, it's not coming to the US. But seriously, in countries where they are both sold, how is it going to compete with the Model Y?
I'd say the TMY is no comptetition to the iX3.
But I've owned a TMS and will know. Most people won't.
TMY looks good on paper, but will have lousy build quality and is not a good ride.
The iX3, I'm sure is premium BMW quality and rides well. A different league really.
I feel sorry for those who compare BMWs to Tesla. They obviously haven't tested both of them.
I have.
I have tested a long range model Y my sister in law has. You are absolutely right that the build quality sucks - door panels don't align, sealing is bad all over (water gets into the window and headlight during car wash), car came with minor scratches...

However, the model Y is pretty fast with fantastic tech. The 315 battery range is also industry leading. A lot of storage space too (having a frunk is pretty cool and practical). It doesn't look bad at all with all the blacked out trims although I'm never a fan of coupe SUVs. I would choose it over IX3 for sure as I think range and speed are the two most important factors when you buy an EV.

That said, model Y's handling is not comparable to my M50i and I would never choose it over an m performance or a true m car. I just hope bmw can create an EV that can challenge Tesla with a true BMW pedigree. So far no car maker is able to do that yet (sorry Porsche Taycan).

Let's hope at least ix3 beats the e-tron and EQC.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00