10-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #16
BigT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I12 i8 Coupe / I01 i3 120Ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX3DRIVER View Post
Just the way I understand/think:
1. G01 X3 was developed with electrification in mind from the beginning. It's not like BMW took an ICE car and just replaced engine with motor/battery, so while this looks nothing fancy, it IS a proper electric car.

2. I believe and hope that iX3 will be positioned a bit lower price than I-Pace, EQC, and e-tron. iX3 does not need a separate R&D, separate body, separate manufacturing line for body, etc. While I-Pace starts at CAD$86.5K and we all know EQC and E-Tron will be even more expensive, I really hope that iX3 stays below $70K in CAD$.

3. Just like eDrive mentioned, no one will cross-shop between iX3 and Model 3. I just can't stand the barebone interior and the typical small trunk opening of a sedan.

4. The real ground-breaking BMW EV that will go hand-in-hand with EQC and E-Tron will be iNext, which will be BEV only platform/body.
It's really a transition time now and difficult to balance for the manufacturers. I'm also not interested in a BEV with conventional design. But iNext should have more focus on practicabillity (load) than a i3 can offer to convince as an allround car. It serves us well for our purposes as Dinks with a dog, but with a whole family it would be difficult.
Appreciate 0