View Single Post
      08-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #106
Bimmersurfer
Private
Rep
Drives: X6MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Vo View Post
I just did this on my 21' X3MC & it worked great! Taped up the plugs & used a zip tie to tuck the remaining wires from hanging down. It doesn't void any warranty does it? It hasn't been to the dealership yet, only have 2,300 miles on it. Just wanted to make sure before I take it into the dealership one day.
just to add some more information here, i had a check engine light come on last year, i had posted this before. I forgot that i had unplugged the flapper valve solenoids and went to the dealer. they said that it looked like the car had been modded and would not cover it under warranty to do the diagnostic. I left the dealer with the check engine light still on and had to pay for 1hr of labor, i was quite ticked. i recently had another check engine light on and before going to another dealer i plugged the flappers back in and the check engine light cleared on its own the next time i started the car. As long as the car is all ok the flappers can be left unplugged. if you get a check engine light or the drivetrain trouble message, the car runs some sort of test and detects the flapper valves are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. Plug them back in then get the car diagnosed before unplugging again.
Appreciate 0