01-30-2022, 02:29 PM   #3376
alphawawa
Blue Blood
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW M3 Coupe/TiAg+IR/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
That's what I was expecting for Xenon lights. There is no other separate light modules, only FRM, which is already properly coded. Try just clearing the errors with E-Sys Transmitter. If they don't clear, you will need to get ISTA to diagnose the issue.
Thanks Shawn - I ended up discovering that I had both (1) a bent pin in my LED module connector and (2) yet another bad Xenon Control Unit from an eBay vendor. Always go BMW Genuine for these parts.

In summary: if anyone out there has problems similar to mine, you do NOT need to code anything with the Xenon headlights + Adaptive Headlight functionality if all you are doing is swapping out the associated Xenon Control Unit, which is a fairly common failure with the F25 X3. Mine initially failed because the access port on the back of the sealed headlight somehow fell off, allowing rain in, frying the first Xenon Control Unit. Subsequent failures were due to the crappy quality of $50 Xenon control units out there.

C : 2005 BMW M3 / 2013 BMW X3
P : 1969 VW Beetle / 1989 BMW 320i / 1991 BMW 318is / [a ton of BMWs between 99 and 2012] / 1991 Porsche 944 S2
Appreciate 0