02-20-2024, 05:34 PM   #2
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
I'm not sure if I'm being a Karen, but it feels like Im possibly being fingered here.

I have about 16k miles on my Vossens. They started out on my X3M Comp, NEVER had sensor issues. Now they are on my X4M Comp. I got a rear drivers side puncture and put it some fix a flat. 2 weeks later the TPMS sensor went off. The tires were getting bald so I replaced them with Discount Tire. I figured it was the flix a flat that caused the issue, so I bought the rear sensor and had them flash it, the TMPS light never went off, after being reset numerous times.

My nav screen went black last week so I dropped it off today for that and the TPMS. There was a B7F8F9 Code that showed for the dash that they addressed. The dealer wants to charge $597 to replace the two rear sensors (One of which is new), because the RDC Module is not receiving a signal with the either of the rear sensors. Does the The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act dictate they have to prove the aftermarket wheels have somehow caused this? (Don't know how that would be possible). Looking for opinions?
Sounds like stealership 101 behavior to me...
Why would the Vossens cause this #1, and why only on the rears #2?
Are they replacing the RDC Module, the sensors, or both?
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport
Appreciate 0