View Single Post
      05-26-2022, 06:06 PM   #8
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsalepro View Post
First, I have been with BMW for 27 years in sales and management. BMW does not offer a towing package on most of the true M vehicles so you went aftermarket I assume.
Allow me to tell you what happened to a fellow manager I worked with. He had a regular X5 without the factory towing package and bought a boat. He saw what it would cost him to have the BMW parts installed and balked at the price went out and got an aftermarket tow hitch for a lot less. About a year later he brought his X5 in for an oil change and they called him into the shop. You see the aftermarket piece was pulling the undercarriage mounting sites apart. So use this as a guide. If BMW doesn't want to offer a tow package on one of their vehicles, there's a reason for it.
Now look at the picture you included. You see how it's sitting lower already in the rear? Now put four people and supplies in the vehicle and see how it looks. If I am correct and you incur damage, you'll be having warranty issues like not being covered for any damage to your X3M.
Ouch.
Appreciate 1