Thread: 5 Years In
View Single Post
      02-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #13
atarivers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 xDrive35i M Sport

I think you have been pretty lucky so far and I am experiencing the same issues you see all over the BMW forums. The glovebox thing came sooner to me than to others because the first couple of years of my car's life were in South Florida. That climate I think sped up the peeling. My1989 Mercedes had no such issues the first 20 years/160,000 miles of its life. That's just wrong.

The clacking moonroof is of course limited to moonroof equipped cars but it is very widespread. For me it was the least troublesome problem but the idea of a dealer taping up a car with less than 30K makes me think of Corvairs or Yugos.

I still love driving the car, we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PX3 View Post
Wow, sounds as though you have been pretty unlucky so far with it. Either that, or I will run in to issues further down the line (approx 35k so far on mine).
I must admit, ours has been pretty good, apart from an issue with the LED rear light, which I fixed with the help of this forum and a vapour seal issue that I need to fix at some stage.

But these are little issues that you wouldn't expect on a car of this caliber. Like you, we love the car and the way it drives, but it's the negatives that tend to stick in your mind.
Appreciate 0