Thread: 5 Years In
View Single Post
      02-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #10
atarivers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 xDrive35i M Sport

I forgot to mention another warranty repair, this one at less than 30,000 miles - the valve cover gasket! This is the kind of repair that pops up at 100,000+ miles on mid range and below cars. The more I think about how this vehicle has held up the angrier I become. I have to be fair on the other hand, I do enjoy driving it. The valve cover gasket thing was scary because of the burning oil odor and the crazy amount of smoke in my garage the first night I noticed it. I thought it might be a fire. I don't even want to think about what that repair would have cost if it happened post warranty.

My warranty runs out in a few weeks. I am going to do some serious investigation into extending it.

I am also having the documented driver's side door or window chirping noise problem. There are a good number of posts and youtube videos about it. Most owners get a "no trouble found" or "it's normal" response from dealers. I tell you, I am really losing patience. I'm not sure I will have this vehicle for another 10,000 miles even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PX3 View Post
I agree the quality of the X3 (F25) isn't quite as good as it maybe should be, but it seems to be the norm these days.
My first BMW was a 2003 3 Series Coupe (E46) and that was far better built than the X3 or the latest F3x on the market today. Unfortunately I think the cost is spent elsewhere, i.e. electronics.
Appreciate 0