View Single Post
      07-25-2019, 06:04 AM   #37
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linusj View Post
How come, Is that an option for us in EU to order an US spec?
Normally, I don't think it is an option or possible within the EU, but I purchased mine through US Military sales which provides US Spec vehicles sales-tax-free to Americans serving in overseas locations and even ships it back to the States for free when our time here is up. My car will not be registered downtown like local Italians but will registered, instead, on-base in a US system with an American plate (on paper) allowing us to avoid all the crazy local road and "luxury" taxes (horsepower based- Can you imagine what that would cost in this car? I cringe). Finally, they give us a real Italian license plate, known as the cover plate, to mount on our vehicle so we can't be easily identified as Americans (force protection). Granted, our cars themselves sometimes give us away. My '18 X3 M40i was the only one I ever saw here in country. My dealer confirmed they are available on the Italian market, but you'd just have to be crazy rich to afford the gas (we also get discounted gas through the base) and taxes. At that point, the high rollers with THAT much money just go with a Porsch SUV (which I do see often here). I'm looking forward to shocking a few Macan Turbos with my rear de-badged X3MC once it gets here.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4733.00