Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5against8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nflight97 View Post
Then I'm not missing anything. I figure I need to buy a different vehicle or wait until the next gen gets a tune. It might drive me away when my lease is up. The competition is knocking. You can always get 50hp from various tuners but I like the fact that BMW does it with Dinan. My service guys even recommend it when I'm there (margin!!). I will even take the MPPK if it would get me near 400hp.

We are all in the same (underpowered) boat then, thanks!
FYI the Dinan/BMW official relationship is dead, and has been years (someone feel free to correct me here). There were rumors that it would be mended but earlier this year I was told (by both my service and client advisers) that negotiations had fallen through and that there were no expectations for in-house Dinan tuning in the near future.

Going to go with a JB stage 1 for now, and hoping that the X4 M40i will happen. Or may downsize to a 3GT when the new engines are released.
Other than the fact that many BMW dealerships are also DINAN dealers- agree, there's no formal relationship. DINAN's warranty only becomes relevant if/when BMW declines warranty coverage for a specific claim. It does help that a good number of service centers are both pushing DINAN products and responsible for approving/denying warranty claims. But tuning will always be fraught with peril.

The benefit of DINAN, beyond their warranty, is the engineering. Don't get me wrong, Burger's products are worth every penny... but because they charge less, they also invest less in R&D.

I encourage anyone with access to a JB4-equipped N55 and DINAN equipped N55 to drive them back to back. They both make more power- but the bogs and hiccups that accompany the BM products just aren't an issue in the DINAN pb.
Appreciate 0