View Single Post
      03-10-2020, 10:56 AM   #44
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

This really is a bummer for those of us who were really looking forward to this car. I get that they may not have sold a lot of them, but this is also the company that brought over a 3 series GT. I mean, the business case for that has be lower volume than an electric suv with 200 miles range? We are on our second leaf right now (the plus with 210 mi range) for commuting and local errands and it's awesome. Electric is amazing. Range is not an issue unless we want to go on a road trip. And then we just take the 340. I want electric cars to look and have the functionality of a regular ICE car. That's why the iX3 was going to be so great.

I am glad Tesla exists because they are pushing other manufacturers to come to the table with good electric cars, but I would never buy a Tesla. Quality is sub par and there is no after purchase support. Tesla is a good tech company and they make great batteries. They have not figured out how to be a car company though. As much as it pains me, I think our next electric now will be the vw id4 or maybe Hyundai Kona. With two kids, a medium size suv makes sense so the bmw i4 won't be the answer.
Appreciate 1