View Single Post
      12-08-2019, 02:00 AM   #9
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

For me it’s not hard but choppy. I find if I hit a bump with both wheels at the same time its fine. My issue is hitting undulations/bumps on the side of the road only affecting one wheel, this makes the car very very choppy. (my roads are narrow “A” & “B” and poor quality) I suspect the ARBs are huge and very stiff. More evidence of this is the video I watched the other day where on cornering the car lifts its unloaded front wheel suggesting the ARB is a monster. No surprise how flat this thing corners. I actually find it comfier with suspension in sport which dampens the choppiness albeit making the car a bit stiffer overall.
To back this up, if I drive the main road to Aberdeen (decent “A” road) the car is comfy enough, on the other hand if I take the back road (Mixture of poor “A” & “B” roads with no coppers) the ride is just about unbearable by the time I drive 50 miles or so to Aberdeen.

Wonder if I might change the ARBs to the X3M40i ones. My car will never hit the track and I don’t drive daft on the roads, so other than a comfort increase I doubt I would notice any drop off in performance?
oz555672.00
Transfer5254.00