ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinla335d
Looks like a tall 3 gt. Terrible.
Unfortunately this is correct.

BMW at times seems completely lost. What's clear at this point is from a portfolio perspective they are about 2-3 yrs behind MB and Audi. Splitting up coupes and sedans, subcompact segments, moving towards 2 major modular platforms (one for transverse FWD applications and one for longitudinal RWD applications), introducing gran coupes (read Audi sport back), m performance models/m performance parts (read Audi S). I don't have a problem with this, I actually think it's good for BMW in the long run. And I love what they're doing with CFRP, weight reduction, idrive, and BMW i subbrand. Let's just admit that they are chasing the other two with these other philosophies.

Here's what I have a problem with -MB & Audi have created flagship cars on the top end along with this portfolio expansion. Where is the BMW X7 to fully compete with the Mercedes GL? Where is the R8 competitor? Where are TT/TTS/TTRS competitor? How many more years do we have to wait for an M7?

Also, there is redundancy / uselessness with models like this x4, 3gt, x6, 5gt. That effort would be better spent on other models....

Oh well, 4GC & 6GC look nice I guess.