View Single Post
      09-14-2023, 01:13 PM   #18
mayhewt11
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 35i xDrive

marco polo

Here is everything I did to resolve the issue:

Replaced master brake cylinder. It's not as hard as you'd think. It was popping and grinding when I took it out and pushed on it. Definitely needed that. I bled the brakes. This resolved the issue but eventually it started again.

Replaced all rotors and pads, I made sure to add anti-sieze to the contact points between the pads AND the calipers so the mechanism can freely move back and forth when brakes are applied. Bled all 4 brakes properly, no air bubbles

I have not had any issues since then. It was a nightmare for over a year and finally the car drives without issues. Interestingly enough, when I replaced the brakes completely, the cylinder inside of the caliper that pushes against the brake pedal thus causing the car to stop was really jammed in an awkward position, and this may have been the cause. When you replace the pads and rotors, you will have to use a clamp to depress that cylinder so you can reinstall the floating caliper. It takes moderate force but shouldn't be anything insane like it was for me. I ended up removing that caliper cylinder and putting it back in after cleaning it up, then bleeding the brakes really well.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0