View Single Post
      05-27-2022, 03:30 PM   #15
bmwsalepro
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp slicktop

"The trailer module is not intended to keep the vehicle level - the X3M has a traditional coil spring/damper suspension and not a rear air suspension like the X5 / X5M, so there is no adjustment of the suspension height that the trailer module could do.", you said.

Exactly what my parts guy told me: not a rear air suspension; and that is why your module will not keep you X3M level which it will do on a G01. He continued that he has seen X3's and X5's with their coil spring/damper suspension components torn apart because they were towing, but pretty much at the limit which might be close to what you are towing.

As far as my Racechip, it is sitting on a shelf in my garage because as I was about to install it is when our dealership had a crackdown on tuning and mods and one of my buds working here was turned down for servicing his modded M340.

As far as your picture of the X3 20D, it is not moving which is when the module would be doing its thing keeping the vehicle level duh. Obsessed about not towing on an X3M because I'm only trying to help save you unnecessary expensive out-of-pocket repairs, and, why does BMW not offer it on our X3M's??? Find that out for me. Actually find that out for you.

And listen, don't be embarrassed to let me know I was right.
Appreciate 2
FiatLux11.50
alep85177.50