01-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #18
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
From a strictly appearence perspective that watch just looks terrible to me. It seems like the kind of thing a rapper would wear if he is trying to look flashy in a video or something like that.
Like I said that from a strictly visual perspective. I dont know much about the mechnanics/engineering of the watch so I cant judge them. When it comes to watches I like a more subtle approach and a bright blue watch with gems just isnt it haha
Fair enough.

I admit to preferring the Arnold and Son versions, but as both are long since sold out (I think each maker offered 20 pieces), it's a moot point now.

FWIW, the movement was in all probability made by La Joux-Perret, the movement maker who acquired British Masters, which was the owner of the Arnold & Son and Graham until 2010, which, IIRC, is when the watch was released.

Arnold & Son was later sold to Citizen. I don't know if Graham was too. (I've never been that "into" Graham, so I haven bothered to find out.)

The price for the basic version of the Grand Moon watch was the same from each maker at ~$280K.)

You can read more about it here in Graham's press release:
When one looks at what both companies offer these days, you see the overlap is all but gone. <wink>

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0