K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
BTW
Graham have produced some really remarkable pieces. As usual, one has to dig a little to get a good sense of them. The moon phase watch they shared with Arnold & Son is really something to behold.

I'm not nuts about the canteen crowns they often have used, and I can't imagine "sweater wearers" caring much for them. But if that's someone's collecting "thing," well, there're only a handful of modern makers that offer it. Graham is one of them.

And that's probably the key take-away: collectors have all sorts of themes that drive what they collect. Some watch collectors collect only watches that depict dogs on the dial, others may collect green watches, others may be into a particular brand. The list of collection themes is endless. When you come across somewhat odd watches or motif watches, just remember that, for the most part, that watch is made with collectors in mind more so than for the masses. I know it's not always easy to keep that in mind; I've failed to do so on occasion too.

All the best.
From a strictly appearence perspective that watch just looks terrible to me. It seems like the kind of thing a rapper would wear if he is trying to look flashy in a video or something like that.
Like I said that from a strictly visual perspective. I dont know much about the mechnanics/engineering of the watch so I cant judge them. When it comes to watches I like a more subtle approach and a bright blue watch with gems just isnt it haha
Appreciate 0