View Single Post
      01-23-2015, 06:38 PM   #15
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

BTW
Graham have produced some really remarkable pieces. As usual, one has to dig a little to get a good sense of them. The moon phase watch they shared with Arnold & Son is really something to behold.

I'm not nuts about the canteen crowns they often have used, and I can't imagine "sweater wearers" caring much for them. But if that's someone's collecting "thing," well, there're only a handful of modern makers that offer it. Graham is one of them.

And that's probably the key take-away: collectors have all sorts of themes that drive what they collect. Some watch collectors collect only watches that depict dogs on the dial, others may collect green watches, others may be into a particular brand. The list of collection themes is endless. When you come across somewhat odd watches or motif watches, just remember that, for the most part, that watch is made with collectors in mind more so than for the masses. I know it's not always easy to keep that in mind; I've failed to do so on occasion too.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0