Thread: F25 Reliability
View Single Post
      11-29-2018, 11:14 PM   #41
venomnightrider
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i, e36m3, f25 x3 35, f80 x5

2013 x3 xdrive 35i 0 to 95,000 miles zero issues all original besides oil changes every 6,000 miles using royal purple and replacing keyfob batteries.
At 100,000 miles valve cover gasket, ofhg, oil cooler gasket, coolant tank reservoir started leaking. Two fuel injectors were leaking. Battery was not meeting performance specs.
Since I want to go over 200,000 miles I replaced all 6 fuel injectors, spark plugs, coil packs, entire valve cover(because pcv valve built in) and gasket, walnut blasted intake ports, replaced intake manifold gasket, throttle body gasket, ofhg, and oil cooler gaskets. Replaced battery, coolant tank, and all belts and hoses. Since my water pump didn't fail and I bought one at 50,000 miles I replaced it and the thermostat anyways along with a coolant flush. Replaced front and rear brake pads, rotors, and sensors that were original with 100,000 miles. They still had life on it, but again I already had the parts sitting.
113,000 miles suv started having rough idle only after engine was warm, replaced the HPFP resolved the problem.
Driver led taillight went out, re-soldered the factory board fixed issue
power lift gate driver side strut went out replaced.
I plan on changing the transmission pan and fluid followed by transfer case fluid and rear diff fluid next chance I get.
I also plan on changing the vanos solenoids as preventive maintenance.
My x3 has become a 3rd vehicle, but I plan on running her into the ground.
Appreciate 1