11-08-2012, 03:38 AM   #17
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post

The main problem I have is the opposite: I stop somewhere like a 4-way traffic light crossroads and know I am in for a long wait, i press the brake pedal firmly for it to stop the engine and it doesn't stop (despite the engine being warm, no aircon etc). The next day it will stop with a cold engine only 1 minute into a journey with the blowers on. Sometimes it seems to randomly get it wrong which is frustrating
Same here, I understand it is battery management but it does appear a bit random some times.

The resistance to ASS is probably more because the default is ON. If users did not have to think about it then they would not bother. It is a good system I use it all the time - along with Auto Hold. I paid a lot of money for this technology and it seems silly not to use it.

It does work and does save money, it is just the cynics who seem to make the most noise. With diesel at nearly $8.70 for a US gallon (£6.50 for UK gallon), then every saving helps!
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0