10-31-2019, 07:47 AM   #28
acce98
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M8 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR View Post
Check engine can appear in 500km, is iam understood right, that car has stock ECU settings and u just remove OPF FILTERS? You need to check logs in any application, if OPF error is appear, probably it can be just error without check engine light appear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Your warantee is gone then as well as the guy who has altered the exhaust removing the P/filters, BMW are not stupid.
I loused the warranty 5 hours after pickup the car from the dealer .
Using the Bimmercode app to enable or disable some function that aren’t in the optional you payed to BMW is the same .
To unlock DVD in motion is forbidden from the law and from BMW . To disable start and stop same .
Changing the shock absorber with some performance KIT or the spring . BMW say , you have modified the car from O.E SPEC . You lose the warranty.
Installing a spacers KIT ( forbidden from the law In Italy and EU ) and after having some issue on the control arms or bearings BMW say : " you modify the car from the original SPEC and you louse the Warranty "

Any modification made and not authorized by the manufacturer is equivalent to losing the warranty .

An ECU remap is more serious than modifying other parts , but for sure, an issue on some parts not involved on the engine or some other components will be on warranty .
This is my personal opinion .
In Italy , exhaust , brake rotors – brake pads etc etc are wearing parts and you can change with some aftermarket parts without lousing the warranty . They must be omologate .
You can do the service by your self during the official warranty , you must use quality aftermarket spare parts . This is Italian law .

Sorry for my bad English
Appreciate 0