Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by willjames View Post
Just be careful gents with the heavy mats. I know you would normally remove before lifting the floor boot cover, but if you don't and your mats have got a large lip at the back it may push the floor cover outwards at the bottom hinge and stress the gas strut.

Just this week I lifted the boot floor and I had an umbrella in the boot and right up to the rear of the seats. When I lifted the floor cover the umbrella got caught and forced the gas strut top fixing away from its seating underneath.

I had to gorilla glue it back in place, trim off the excess when expanded and cured and luckily you would never know. It's a proper strong fix so now all is well.

I use a non slip thin rubber matting to stop items sliding about, but I don't carry anything too dirty, too often. if I do, I lay a thick sheet in the boot to protect the floor.
Would you share source, where to buy such thing? Or a name that it's advertised with ?
Hi yes, sorry. Please see photos below and link here for something similar. Just get it big enough to fit your boot and cut to size with scissors.

Rolson 60815 Non Slip Cushion Mat https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00537Q9..._oInbFbAR28503
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
sinbad4782.50