View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprokai View Post
I test drove a non CP X3M this morning and I have a 2019 M40i. I believe the suspension is basically the same as the CP version (but could be wrong). I thought the suspension was one tighter in each mode. What I mean is that Comfort in the X3M was roughly equivalent to Sport Mode in the M40i. Sport Mode in the X3M was like Sport Plus in the M40i and so on. I drove on mostly decent suburban roads but also on some pretty rough surfaces too.

I slammed it through a few roundabouts in 2nd gear and it cornered more flat and was easier to get rotation than the M40i. I felt like the turn in and steering feel was noticeably sharper too.

I drove my 2018 M3 with CP right after, and yeah, it's a great performance SUV, but it's not an M3...
Thanks so much for your perspective. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have stock run flat 21s on your M40i and adaptive suspension? I could certainly live with my X3MC feeling like my old M40i was in minimum sport mode if that's the case. It would be a bit rougher on some parts, but I really wasn't keen on the body roll of the M40i in corners at speed despite the adaptive suspension. I've never owned an M3 (although I wanted one for years). Now that I could afford one, I find myself needing an SUV. Hopefully, the X3MC I have on the way will adequately bridge those two worlds. Thanks again for your opinion.
Appreciate 0