03-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryw1 View Post
have had my X3 35i for three weeks now - love it. just wanted to highlight a few places where I already see some scratches though - just to help others be careful. I can visibly see scratches:

1. right in front of the center arm rest. I have fineline wave wood. but if you look closely there is a thick layer of what I can only describe as lacquer (I'm sure that's not the right word but hopefully you know what I mean) on it. and I can now see like 10 very fine scratches on it. maybe its from resting my keys or phone there when I first got it - not sure. just be careful of that area. not sure it I can buff them out but I will definitely watch what i rest on there

2. right above the rolling trunk cover latch on the sides - what I mean is the thing that you pull & latch to cover up the contents of the trunk (not the door, but the fabric cover thing that rolls out). so if you aren't really careful and if you pull it out too high the two things on the side will hit the walls - I can already see a few scratches where I (or my wife) pulled it a little too fast and marred the wall

3. bottom of the trunk door - I had my keys in my hand (my BMW key with three house/office keys attached) and reached up with the same hand to slam the door - put a 1/2 inch scrape on the outside part of the door - yikes!

4. trunk carpet - I've only taken one weekend trip (with suitcases in the back) and then daily trips to the office (with my briefcase in the back) - but the carpet already has lines in it from where I pulled the suitcases out - they don't go away so it looks pretty worn already.

oh, to think back three weeks ago when it was all brand new and didn't have one scratch on it!!!!
I remember when I was younger, I used to get so excited about a new toy. As I got older and things got more expensive and shinier, I became more wary of my surroundings. If it was dropped and scratched, I'd feel like I wouldn't want it anymore. It was very upsetting hahaha. I feel for you.
Appreciate 0