Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i LCI

Garage List
2006 Ducati 749  [10.00]
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
April 21 build now changed to LCI

So I ordered an M40d in April of this year with an M Sport Pro Pack, Cerium grey grill, mirror caps etc. & heated rear seats amongst other options.

I went with the 40d as apposed to a 20d as I wanted adaptive cruise control and this wasn’t an available option on the 20d due to parts shortages.

I’ve taken a phone call from the dealers this afternoon. They’ve been waiting for a build slot and my build has now been changed to an LCI.

I don’t really like the look of the LCI bumpers, front or rear. They now look to me very ‘Honda Civic’ with the sharper angles and silly fake plastic vents at the rear. It’s just makes the rear look to busy with too many shapes and angles. There are also no fog lights anymore at the front.

Also M seats I am told are no longer part of the M Sport Pro Pack and are now an £890 option!!

Heated rear seats are also not available anymore.

I’ve already put down a £1000 deposit for the ‘old’ build. I’ve told the dealer I’m not that impressed and I don’t like the look of the LCI. He says he’s going to speak with the manager on Monday and see what figures they can work out. I’m assuming he means for the extra £890 for the M seats.

I’ve said I’m now going to look at an Audi SQ5 to put some pressure on them but in reality the Audi is more expensive and doesn’t have the spec I want.

Not sure weather to ask for my deposit back and walk away.
Appreciate 0