View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 09:45 PM   #19
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Max, I must admit, this picture scares me a bit. It seems we would need to rip the interior out to remove the rails.
Anything that requires taking apart our X3MCs scares me, which is one reason I haven't pursued much in the way of mods as many of you do. But it seems replacing systems (suspensions, pipes, turbos, ...) with non-OEM designs doesn't hinder many from pursuing them and most turn out great.

I don't think it should be much of a stretch for a Multi-Mnfr certified paint and body shop to gain access to the rail system and replace with OEM parts. I wouldn't want to perform a DIY (as I didn't even enjoy the BavSound upgrade), but on a complexity/difficulty scale from 1-10, esp for what these shops have to replace/repair on a daily basis in the accident realm, I can't imagine it'll pose a major issue for them, but we'll see (and keeping my fingers crossed it turns out well). r33_RGSport and others who do this for a living would be in a better position to comment on how big a job this might be, but didn't larsmin indicate he did it himself, or did I misunderstand him?
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00
r33_RGSport12971.00