View Single Post
      12-19-2021, 07:02 PM   #370
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10SecGG View Post
Thank you for your feedback... I appreciate it. Totally respect your opinion, and position regarding Dragy, however, it is used for confirmed records for many platforms. I'm not now, nor was I ever suggesting I set any kind of record, it was merely a question with regards to a TUNE only mod. Thanks again for your reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10SecGG View Post
BTW... I'll be attending a private track rental in February, and we'll see if my numbers are close with an NHRA time clock vs Dragy numbers? I'll post those as I get them.
Sounds great.

And to be clear, this thread is all about sharing information about the performance characteristics of the F97/98 platforms either stock or mod. Although a ‘Leaderboard’ of sorts has been set up, the intended purpose is simply to allow others from around the world some idea as to the capabilities these vehicles possess in a verifiable way so they can compare to their own values.

Since ‘Slope’ of the tire/track interface along a measured route is a key component for a vehicle’s acceleration ability (just as weight, octane, DA, tire psi, … all influence end-result vehicle performance), the lack of consistency of Dragy’s slope data at verifiable grades makes such apples-apples comparisons difficult.

I’ve shared many simultaneous Dragy and formal slip numbers where the ET/trap speed are very close, so that isn’t the issue – it’s knowing the strip of land’s slope where the data was obtained. Since I’m at a sanctioned strip I could care less what Dragy gives as the slope, but the same can’t be said from data at random locations.

Given the relatively close agreement in the numbers, though, the ease of running Dragy often supersedes what has long been considered the gold standard of straight-line Qtr mile performance numbers from Official sanctioned Strips, be they NHRA, IHRA, NZDRA… Absolutely understandable why it’s used so often, but not always translatable to others if they don’t know where the runs occurred and whether to believe the slope.
Appreciate 0